We Don’t Just Work Hard — We Have a Lot of Fun, Too
A Sampling of Our Social Activities
Our clients have the opportunity to participate in events such as:
- Twins games, St. Paul Saints games, Wild hockey games and other sporting events
- An annual BBQ, bowling parties and BINGO!
- Staffed annual vacation trips to places such as Disney World, Las Vegas, a Caribbean cruise, a voyage up the St. Croix River on a sternwheeler and cabin camping
- Holiday parties and seasonal activities
- An annual prom – a gala celebration that includes most of the people who are served by New Challenges, Inc.
Many of our clients have never had chances to participate in these sorts of events before. From a trip on a plane to a special party with friends, they are doing more than just relaxing – they are becoming part of a community and overcoming the limits often put on people with disabilities.
Providing the Support Needed to Enjoy a Range of Options
Each month, our Activities Director creates a calendar of events that New Challenges clients can sign up for. Our clients are welcome to attend as many of these events as they’d like. We always encourage people be active members of their communities, and we provide the support necessary for them to fully participate. If clients would prefer to do something else, we can help them explore additional options as well.
Making Fun Affordable
We are focused on making event participation as affordable as possible for our clients. We often obtain free tickets to sporting events, and we negotiate discounts for vacation trips. These financial discounts are just one more way that we provide the support our clients need to enjoy a full range of social activities.