Residential Placement Options in the Twin Cities

At New Challenges, Inc., we offer a variety of residential settings to clients, depending on their needs and preferences. These are located across Dakota, Washington, southern Hennepin, Wright, Douglas and Chisago counties, and include:

  • Apartments in quiet suburban apartment complexes with pools, meeting rooms and other amenities. In some of our two-to-three bedroom apartment settings, we offer 24-hour emergency support, as well as support with independent living skills such as going to the bank, preparing nutritious meals or completing daily hygiene activities.
  • Town homes in safe and accessible communities throughout the metro area.
  • Well-maintained, free-standing homes, which include necessary adaptations such as ramps and accessible bathrooms.
  • Corporate foster care in traditional group homes. These homes provide 24-hour supervision for one to four individuals.
  • Assisted living facilities for people age 55 and older (with the exception of our Rosemount location, which can accommodate people younger than 55)

A Note About Roommates, Adaptations and Behavioral Programming

Roommates are as important to us as they are to our clients. We do recognize, of course, that living with roommates can be challenging, and conflicts can sometimes occur. To help reduce conflicts and promote harmony in residential placements, we make sure that we place clients together who are well suited to one another. In situations where two or more people will live together, we consider a range of factors, including their preferences, personalities, abilities and needs when helping to determine the right fit.

We can also make necessary adaptations to our homes in order to accommodate our clients’ needs. This may include installing ramps or adding grab bars and other features to make bathrooms accessible. We can also arrange for special healthcare services. We sometimes contract with healthcare providers to provide special nursing assistance for people with diabetes, spinal cord injuries, seizure behaviors or other special needs.

In many of our residential settings, we also provide behavioral programming to help promote behavior that is positive and safe, and that enables our clients to participate actively in their communities.

Yes, You Can Afford Residential Placement

If you are eligible for any “waivered” service, including MR/RC, CADI, TBI, Section 8, Group Residential Housing (GRH) or HAP, you’ll be able to cover rent expenses. To learn more, talk with your social worker, public health nurse or eligibility technician, or call us today.

Learn More About Our Residential Placement Services

All of our programs are tailored to our clients’ individual needs, and are constantly monitored and adapted for maximum effectiveness. To talk with us about a residential placement, call New Challenges, Inc., at 651-454-0161 or contact us online. We can help you understand the many options available to you.