For People With Disabilities, There Truly Is No Place Like Home
Dorothy was right: There truly is no place like home. Home can be a safe and comfortable space where a person feels most confident and at peace. For many people with disabilities, it is simply the best option.
At New Challenges, Inc., we provide supportive services that help people with disabilities stay in their homes. Our clients include people with developmental disabilities, acquired brain injuries, emotional and cognitive disorders. We offer a range of in-home services that support them wherever they live in the greater Twin Cities metro area.
A Brief Glimpse of the Many In-Home Services We Offer
Much of what we do involves visiting the home and helping the client with whatever services he or she needs. We tailor our assistance to the individual. Depending on a person’s needs, we might help with skill building around the home or provide access to community activities that would otherwise seem too challenging.
We can provide:
- Client and family education, helping families understand their options for care and strategies for overcoming obstacles
- Household services, from assistance with pet care or grocery shopping to organizing and reading mail
- Escorts to appointments and social events, helping people with disabilities connect with their communities
- Personal care services, including assistance with a safe bathing environment, assistance with dressing or completing other daily grooming or hygiene needs
- Companion services, like providing companionship and conversation, arranging for medical, dental or other professional appointments, monitoring diet and eating, or providing respite care
We can also contract for special healthcare services, if those services are required. This may include special nursing assistance for people with diabetes, spinal cord injuries, seizure behaviors and other special needs. We can also support families in making any necessary adaptations to the home, including installing ramps and accessible baths.
Call on Our Caring Professionals to Learn More
Regardless of the activity or need, we would love to help. To learn more about the in-home services that we offer, we encourage you to call New Challenges, Inc., at 651-454-0161 or